Friday, July 6, 2012

Last Photos of Day 2 and Day 3

WARNING:  This post is VERY long.  Lots of photos today:)  Please grab a snack and a drink and ENJOY!

In order to keep the photo story complete, I have a few additional photos from last night.  
The boys getting started on their ice cream

Eric opted for Cappuccino Crunch
Jason chose S'mores
along with JC
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
and Chocolate. “I like what I like!”

A couple hours later, right before I retired for the night, I stopped in to say “good night” to the boys and this is what I found...




Also before bed last night, Grandpa brought the boys to the top of the bluff for our annual deer search.  The boys formed teams and each found 20 deer.  This morning I took a picture at the same place on the top of the bluff with the fruits of their efforts:)



I woke the boys this morning at 5:30 to begin our journey to Niagara Falls.  They were wonderful about getting up and we were AIS shortly after 6am with bagels freshly prepared by Grandpa.  We snapped the pictures above as the sun rose on our way over the bluff.


Next stop:  Niagara Falls, USA.  We arrived at 8:45 and had a few minutes before the first boat...












The reason for this trip:)
Sporting the fashionable Maid of the Mist ponchos


We boarded on the American side
GQ pose
The Thinker


I spotted this rainbow immediately:)  





The Canadian Falls
The American Falls





The Maid of the Mist
One final photo from the observation deck.

Next stop:  Six Flags Darien Lake
Sorry, I didn’t bring a camera and other than this quick shot using my phone with Ride of Steel in the background, I didn’t take any other pictures:(

The park was not too crowded and the boys were thrilled to ride everything they wanted a couple of times.  I waited in the water park (and am paying the price with my red skin tonight).  

Back at the Lake...














Not really sure about this one...

Grandma treated us to a delicious pasta dinner.  Afterwards, Grandpa took us out on the boat.
This is a tiny birds’ nest filled with baby swallows.  It was inside the canopy where we keep the boat.

First up...RYAN








Next up...BRENDAN








Third up...ERIC

















JASON’s ready!
























Even after this, Jason never lost the tube!

and JC






JC actually stayed on quite a while.  My memory card was full so I was deleting and snapping as fast as possible:)

Meg was very patient.  Now it’s her turn.






A view of Grandpa and Grandma’s from the boat
up closer

J was a trooper and when Meg wanted to tube again, he offered to go




Sunset on the boat

A beautiful night on the lake
Brendan waterskied


and Meggie helped Grandpa take us home.


As I sat down to post, I watched Grandpa and Meg fishing off the dock.  These moments warm my heart:)

The boys each fished for a while and Jason caught the largest fish of our trip.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a photo in the lighting from the deck to the dock in the dark.  I tried:(

Brendan settled in to finish his ice cream
followed moments later by JC
Eric did not want to be outdone...
nor did Jason...
Jason finished!
Eric took a final few sips
and finished as well
Ryan “perservered” and joined the clean 1/2 gallon club!  
(I have a stomach ache posting this!)

You would think that after all of this, I would have a tired crew.  Instead, I have five ice-cream filled boys playing with rubber band guns in their sleeping space:)

...and one very tired little princess snoring beside me!  GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment